Monday 8 September 2014

Being The Girl In The Bubble

 
 
Today I am here with a hot scoop for you! I am going to share with you the insider goss and juicy scandal behind living the life of...a hayfever sufferer.
 
Holy guacamole it is a ride you hope you never get off! Like a good antihistamine I'll relieve you from any further suspense and enlighten you with some tidbits on the joys of:
 
Always being asked if I'm sick.
Constantly having someone ask me pityingly 'are you sick again?'. Nope, not again, not ever really. Here's the clincher, those that know me, could 100% say they know when I am sick. Because I am the type of victim patient who is inclined to make everyone aware of just how uncomfortable and deathly I am. SO until then, in the interim, I am fighting fit and just suffering a particularly hayfevery type of day.

Waking up feeling like I've been asleep for a decade.
This one is kinda good yet mysterious. I wake from a deep slumber more rested than a well done steak. Then I generally need to take a moment to ponder where I am, what I might've missed, what day it could be as well as remind myself of where I am in life before I can get out of bed - for all I know I've woken up in 2025!

Sneezing whenever the wind blows.
Don't get blown away here by specifics. This instant wind - exhaust reaction is not strictly limited to outside wind, it can also be when the air conditioning shifts in temperature, when a door is opened or even just when someone passes by too swiftly - the nostrils will sense it and release up to 5 times before they are satisfied we are clear tunnels again.

Feeling tired all the time.
ALL the time. Similar to PMS this is a symptom you never know you have, or why you have it until after the fact. I will dose off on the train, get to work and want to nap and be yawning by 7.30pm that night, all sources of energy depleted until the wind changes again.

Trending with Cyclops eyes.
Such a cracker - waking up as another vamp in the Volturi coven. Again, there is the initial panic thinking it could be pink eye, until the wind changes and its back to blue eyes Bourke.
 
Sniffing.
This is the main symptom that leads the people to ask if I am sick - understandable. However half the time I am not even aware I am sniffing and you want to know why? Because there is no snot with the sniff, its merely me breathing. Yes, just me gasping through my nostrils to get some air traction through them so I am not Darth Vadaring my way about my day. Sucking up the oxygen of life -  not sniffing.
 
So there you have it, basically, the life of a hayfever sufferer is a lot of false alarms causing you to feel like you have something more serious, then you pop a Telfast (or ten) and start to function again. That or the wind changes...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment