Sunday 3 August 2014

Mornings



I've been thinking lately about morning rituals. When I take the time on a Sunday morning to get the paper, get my coffee and go for a walk and eat healthy for the day I feel so still and calm. Self love at its best.

Do you have a morning ritual? They always say the best part of the day starts at 5am and whilst I'm a little while* off voluntarily getting up at that hour, I must admit that lots of my happy moments are best spent sitting with the stillness and freshness that a new day brings.


So I'm going to put an intentional focus on doing more 'morning' things. I'm going to make sure that I spend my Sundays doing what I know makes me feel present and grateful for the exact moment I am a part of. I am going to continue to get to work early and settle into my day in my own time so I can choose how it is going to pan out - I have started that and so far had such success giving myself a bit more time to just go about the day. I am going to take 30seconds to do a big stretch as I wake, before jumping into transforming from bed chic to public chic.


What tidbits do you think would help start your day off right?

*define: little while - most likely in another batshit crazy life

2 comments:

  1. Great question! Since I started blogging full time, I try to get up (relatively) early, make a coffee, and spend the first hour catching up on my Bloglovin' feed, reading new content and stimulating my mind. Then I shower and dress, and make a to-do list for the day - reply to emails, plan out blog posts, do my makeup to photograph for the blog. I am most productive first thing in the morning! I'd like to add "go for a half-hour walk' to that list too, but I get so bogged down in life online that excersise has taken a back seat lately!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for taking the time to comment MJ! I LOVED hearing about your routine and am fully with you on the online life taking priority over exercise - so tricky to strike that happy balance isn't it? x

      Delete