- The start of summer when the mood is instantly lifted, the breeze is carrying waves of warmth and you realise that you no longer have to wear stockings.
- Razors and Veet- the moment you realise you no longer get to wear stockings.
- Realising what you have. Life is short and more often than not, we are all guilty of getting caught up in our problems and emotions. Take the time to stop and get a grip. There is always someone worse off than you.
- Grill’d burgers. Nom nom nom!
- Casual Fridays brings a casual attitude and I find when your attitude is casual, everything around you is way more fun.
- Instagram. Insta-ntly addicted. (Bet I’m not the first to use that pun)
- The Kardashians.
- Awkward encounters. I die, but others laugh so that’s a nice thing to be able to give back to my people.
- Finally having an encounter that had great potential to be awkward- and it wasn’t!
- This week I worked up the courage to take action on something I really really want and this tiny act of courage delivered me with the inspiration I needed to stay focused on the end goal. Don’t be afraid to make things happen, it’s the only way you can take control of your own life.
- Laughter. Life is so much better when you’re laughing.
- Gangnam Style.
Friday, 28 September 2012
Tuesday, 25 September 2012
This morning I was trapped between three musical maniacs. Not in the modern form of the young, rowdy loud ipod irrit, but these three were old school classical music lovers and weren’t afraid to publicly show it.
For 50 minutes I had the privilege of being amongst this matinee performance of enthusiastic - honest - to - god - cracking up in stitches, over how so and so’s finger positioning was wrong on the clarinet, it should have be on C not B- ooh the giggles!
And I didn’t realise Les Miserable’s was a movie and I was wondering how they got all these actors to show up, then someone told me (oh how could you not know you hilarious man, what a riot!!??)- oh em gee!!
They way he played that baby grand unaccompanied was breath taking (all loudly suck in breath in awe)
She performed a violin solo that went do do do lo lo la li la la- magnificent!!
Oh yes my friends, this mornings train ride was madness I tell you, just madness!!
Sunday, 23 September 2012
Sunday, 2 September 2012
Happy Fathers Day to all the daddy's out there but in particular to my Dad, who is the BEST Dad in the entire world and for all the things he does for the four ladies in the Bourke residence; there are no words to even summarise my thanks. Love you.
On this sunny Sunday we had the annual Fathers Day breakfast...
...even Cupcake got amongst it!