Friday 11 May 2012

Activities Activities!

To set the context, as a 24 year old girl I consider myself to be prematurely senior in my behaviour. I am generally showered, 1x reality tv show watched and enjoyed, fed and in bed by 9pm each night and feel disgruntled if I'm not; and social activities on a school night have to be of utmost importance to drag me out of my nana routine. THIS week I have been busier than Lara Bingles publicity team.

Sunday night I headed into Newtown to see Dave Thornton perform at the Enmore Theatre Yalumba Wine Bar. Set in an intimate lounge room like environment the laughs were consistently launching me off the seat for 40 minutes, and I may have half sat there with love hearts for pupils. I have decided I heart Dave and have begun a quest to become Mrs Thornton.

Tuesday evening I again participated in the lingering days of Sydney Comedy Festival and went to see Ross Noble at Enmore Theatre as part of a christmas present I had bought for my cousin. Not sure if anyone else has seen Ross live in action but my gosh, the man is pure comic genius, you do sit there experiencing alot of wtf moments, but he went on for 2.5hours and I think it would be safe to assume he would have only pre planned .3 hours of it. True definition of an outstanding stand up (geddit?) Hilarious and a must add to your bucket list activity!

Wednesday night I returned to my seniors living and had a night with my ladies at the newly renovated Gymea Tradies, job well done I'd say. The brasserie food was delish and well priced, every staff member we spoke to was so helpful and friendly, I had to wonder what happy juice they might be drinking and the decor was just very swish for what was a tired old venue. Definately a snazzy place for the elderly locals to enjoy!


Thursday I fed my annual shopping addiction (I need help) at Fashion Weekend. Although proudly this year I only spent $277 on some amazeballs
peep toe shoes and a bag or two. This is a huge improvement on last years $998 surprise spend (I did get a free showbag for spending over $700 though so cha ching money well spent and coupons gladly accepted)

And this weekend I'm off to
Groovin the Moo to be a true festival goer and catch some of my favourite artists: Matt Corby, 360, Hilltop Hoods and Purple Sneakers DJs.

Wishing you all a festive weekend (and counting down til tea and slippers time Sunday night)

ex oh ex oh

No comments:

Post a Comment