Wednesday 16 May 2012

Breathe

Gah so this week I have felt like there is a constant grey cloud over my head. A lack of sleep, motivation, exercise and carrying around general life stress, it's so easy to get caught up in your own funk, isn't it? I have decided to embrace this mood that is making me thundourously good company and ride it out till it passes. Running on empty is no good for anyone and its times like these that one often forgets to just stop.

In light of this, today I had to leave work early today to go check out DesignEx- an exhibition set up for architects, interior designers and the like. On my way back I decided to stop the woe is me and just look at the now around me (Oprah yeaahh). It's not too often you get to be a tourist in your own city and not only is Sydney Harbour the home of my second workplace, Sydney Exhibition and Convention Centre, it is also the most beautiful city in the world (I called it). The sun was out, the autumn air was crisp and right in that actual moment of time, there was nothing actually wrong.



I plugged my ipod in, strolled along to theme music provided by The Shins and started to realise I was breathing again. Oh happy days!!










No comments:

Post a Comment